Hi, I’m Paul Dooley. Let me tell you a little about this site.
AnxietyGuru.Net is a blog and podcast born out of my desire to help those that struggle with anxiety, panic and depression.
It’s my sincere attempt to reach people that feel lost in their anxiety, hopeless about recovery and are simply confused about what’s happening to them.
For over 10 years I lived with general anxiety disorder. In the past I was panicked, depressed and consumed with fear about the future.
I know what you’re going through. I didn’t learn about this from someone else or do some kind of really interesting doctoral dissertation.
This is my life. Who I am. What I know. Being the over analytical person that I am led me to study my former condition.
I’ve tried to not only understand anxiety disorders from an empirical perspective but I have also contemplated all possible modes of coping with them and I want to share what I know with you.
This site is part self help guide, part information source and a look into how someone beat anxiety.
In this blog you will find:
– Articles about everything and anything related to anxiety disorder and closely related conditions.
– You will obtain valuable information about how to cope with anxiety.
– Detailed explanations about the symptoms and sensations that anxiety disorder can produce.
– Information about diet and exercise programs that can help you feel better now.
– Podcast about how to deal with anxiety disorder that you can download and take with you wherever you go.
I graduated with a Master’s in counseling psychology 2013. I recently earned the 3,000 hours of experience needed to sit for my license exam, so wish me luck!
That’s all for now. I’ll keep you posted.